UV Care Clean Air Purifier (6-stages) - Biodegradable Replacement Filter W/ Medical Grade H13 HEPA Filter
UV Care is a US brand that is US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Registered and is Rated A+ by the US Better Business Bureau (BBB) . UV Care is also a member of the International Ultraviolet Association (IUVA).
- Simply put, something is “biodegradable” if it can be disintegrated by bacteria, fungi, algae or some other biological process.
- If you look at the word itself, the meaning is right there. “Bio” meaning “life,” “degrade” meaning to break down, and “able” of course meaning that it can happen.
- Biodegradation is basically just the process of nature taking its course and breaking down materials to their component parts
- Anything that is plant-based, animal-based or natural mineral-based product is usually biodegradable
- These substances degrade without leaving any harmful toxins behind.
- Biodegradables (including compostables) CANNOT break down safely without oxygen, the right amount of light, and bacteria.
Now more than ever, we must be mindful of our environment — especially the air we breathe.
Filter replacement for the Clean Air 6-in-1 Air Purifier. This contains the ff.
- Medical Grade H13 HEPA Filter with UV Care Virux Patented Technology - Instantly Kills 99.97% SARS-CoV-2
- Activated Carbon Filter
- Photo Catalyst Filter
- Filter/s are not washable
- Once the filter/s are replaced, reset the unit by pressing the "Power Button" and "Timer" at the same time
★ Is the entire filter biodegradable?
Only the HEPA filter is biodegradable. The rest of the filter is made of the ff:
a. Waterproof PP structure
b. Flame Retardant PET layer
★ What is unique about PLA and how is it different from regular plastic?
PLA is a very unique material since it is made from corn and not from petroleum.
Regular plastics are made from petroleum while PLA is environmentally-friendly
since it is made from corn-based resins. This makes PLA non-toxic and an
annually renewable resource.
★ Are UV Care’s Biodegradable Filters compostable?
UV Care’s Biodegradable Filters are conditionally compostable and possible only under industrial conditions. Because it is derived from plant material
(corn starch), it reduces the demand for fossil fuels used to make conventional plastics. PLA is recyclable, biodegradable and compostable.
★ Can I compost UV Care’s Biodegradable Hepa Filter in the UV Care Zero Waste Smart Eco Bin?
Since the filter is made up of various materials and would have to be taken apart, we suggest disposing of this properly instead.
★ How long will it take for UV Care’s Biodegradable Filters to degrade? The rate of decomposition of biodegradable substances is HIGH. Once buried in
the soil, the product will degrade in approximately two (2) months. It can be completely dissolved in two (2) years naturally.
★ What happens after degradation?
After degradation, they can be used to produce biogas, manure, fertilizers, and compost.
★ What is the HEPA filter grade?
UV Care’s Biodegradable HEPA Filters are medical-grade H13 that are able to
eliminate up to 99.998% of bacteria, germs and viruses which are as fine as 0.1 microns in diameter. It’s also infused with UV Care Virux® Technology that is scientifically proven to instantly kill SARS-CoV-2 upon contact.
★ Is the filter washable?
Only the pre-filter sheet is washable. The rest of the filter cannot be washed or vacuumed.
★ How long before we need to replace the filter?
For optimal results, it is recommended to replace the filters every 6-18 months depending on frequency of use and other environmental factors.
★ How to properly dispose of your filters?
UV Care’s Filters should be treated as hazardous waste as it captures harmful airborne pathogens. When it’s time to replace, make sure to dispose of it
properly. First, sterilize it with a UV-C Surface Sterilizer (i.e UV Care Zap, UV
Care Room Zapper etc.) to eliminate and minimize the risk of further germicidal
transmission. Then, place your used filter in a sealable bag (preferably color
yellow) and put visible labels.