Medela Milk Collection Shells
As you feed your baby, you may notice your other breast leaking milk. This type of leaking breast milk affects many mums – and some more than others! However, breast leaking is perfectly normal, especially during the first six weeks
If you find you’re leaking breast milk from one breast as your baby feeds from the other, MEDELA MILK COLLECTION SHELLS can save this excess milk while you breastfeed.
WHY WILL YOU LOVE MEDELA MILK COLLECTION SHELLS?
- Flexibly adapt to the shape of the breast
- Prevent wet patches, even during heavy milk flow
- Soft silicone feels comfortable on delicate breast skin
- Practical spout for easy emptying
- BPA free
- 2 x Milk Collection Shells
HOW TO USE:
You’ll need to assemble the two parts of the milk collection shells before use, which is easy to do:
- The soft, flexible silicone membrane is designed to be gentle on skin – place it on to the outer shell, snapping it all the way around.
- Once assembled, place the milk collection shell inside your bra, with the membrane’s opening centred over your nipple. The handy spout should be facing upwards.
HOW TO CLEAN:
t’s important to keep your breastfeeding accessories clean, and this includes breast milk collection shells. Before the first time you use them – and once a day thereafter – sanitise the breast shells like this:
- Separate the parts and place them in a small pan filled with cold distilled water. If distilled water isn’t available, add a teaspoon of citric acid to tap water to help prevent limescale build-up.
- Bring the water to the boil, and continue to boil the breast shells in it for five minutes.
- Drain off the water with care, and let the parts dry on a clean cloth.
It’s also important to clean milk collection shells after each use. Separate the parts and wash with a mild cleaning solution. Then rinse thoroughly in cold water, and dry on a clean cloth. Both the outer shell and inner membrane are dishwasher-safe, so you can also use this method of cleaning, or you could use a microwave bag.